Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Citi Field CF Wall - Mockup


As I mentioned yesterday, the Mets are changing the Citi Field center field wall for 2010. From the descriptions in the articles, I think this is what it will look like. I don't think it was done to get more home runs, more just to make the wall fairer. Really, the only point of having the wall jump to 16 feet in dead center field was to create a batter's eye to block the apple. No reason to have the HR line that high.

I don't recall too many balls hitting the wall that far out in 2009, so I don't think it will affect play much in 2010.

1 comment:

  1. See the Citibank sign. Look how great that color is with the orange.

    I know it had to do something with the batters eye, but I liked that green astroturf (well at least to what they have now) around apple. Maybe they can get a really dark green astroturf to go back there. If its a batters eye issue, how come others stadiums with all kinds of green shrubbery is no issue.

    ReplyDelete